I like to start migrating away from WordPress. I have been putting it off for a while. Every day I get an email from WordFence ( a WP plugin) telling me yet another !#$%^&^% who has tried to illegally login
Of course, I like to put my new learned knowledge of 11ty into use.
I have more or less decided the following parameters:
- 11ty (of course)
- a GitHub private repository hosting all my private changes for both theme and content, drafts, etc
- a GitHub public repository hosting only public changes (such as version history of content) and comments for blogposts
- minimal theming as in simply black words on white background
- migrate my top 4 posts (I have not been blogging consistently at all) only
- Maintain the same google lighthouse score after migrating for these 4 posts
So given these parameters, I’m considering the following plan:
- which lessons in the 11ty course can I apply with minimal changes? I’m thinking maybe take lesson 11, 12, 13, and 14 but remove all the stylings?
- Prime worry is parameter 4 on the theming. The rest I feel a confidence of > 60%
- Should I get the every layout course as well? https://every-layout.dev/
Any thing in my plan I miss out in terms of considerations? Are my parameters sensible?
My background is more backend developer. Zero design sensibilities. So any advice is welcome.